Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Keynote vs PowerPoint

In response to Mark's Post

Mark,
I used the same approach you did, started on PowerPoint then converted to Keynote. Too much frustration using PowerPoint. The one advantage that PP had over the version of Keynote that I was using, was the ability to create narration within the software. In my Keynote presentation I used GarageBand to record my narration which I then had to export to iTunes and finally embed the narration in Keynote. It sounds like a lot of work but the reality is that by using GarageBand I was also able to include some background music to accompany my narration. In the end I think the product turned out way better than if I would have used PP.
I also went on the Apple website to take a look at the latest version of Keynote and it looks like they have added the function adding narration through Keynote itself.

No comments: