Friday, January 4, 2008

Dave's Intro

Hello 

I hope that everyone had a good holiday! Writing this intro is my slow way of jumping back into the reality of getting back into school mode.

My teaching experience has taken me from the TDSB, where I started my career, to my present location of Halton. I have had lots of fun teaching grades 1,5 and 6. Starting in the new year my assignment changes slightly to include being the Teacher Librarian at my school. Being the new T-L is part of my motivation for taking this course as I hope to compliment the .5 position in the Library with an additional .5 of planning time that is dedicated to IT. Giving up my classroom is tough, but the new opportunities and challenges I'm sure will keep me busy.

I love using technology to deliver lessons and provide students with interesting ways to engage in their learning. Despite my interest, I don't always feel very confident that I am using the technology to its full potential. In the end, what I want to get out of this course are practical ideas for the use of technology and the confidence to incorporate technology to a greater extent in my classroom.

Looking forward to the course,

Dave Buddell

1 comment:

Ms. Borrelli said...

Hey Dave, everything looks great here. So you did your BEd in TBay, eh? Is that where you're teaching now? (everyone keeps using the acronyms for their board and I have no idea what they stand for! :)...I like how you have the links to other people's blogs...but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that?